Staying organized is a constant battle for me. I have to work at it all of the time. Here is one way that I do to help me stay together and informed.
1) At the end of the day, I do what’s called in the book Getting Things Done as a mind dump. I sit with my iPad and review my to-do-list accomplishments, referencing my calendar and e-mail.
2) I try to take a look at my rehearsals and make review notes about them. I started to briefly notate them in the notes section of iCal,
3) I set reminders in iCal and the To-Do List so that I don’t forget something important.
4) I review my Facebook and Twitter posts to see if Tweetdeck has presented my planned tweets.
5) I find one or two people that I can e-mail or text to encourage their efforts,
Not only does the organize me, it gives me an opportunity to review my day for success and growth.
What strategies do you use?